Before we start the tutorial (How to install wampserver on your local drive), I will first like to briefly introduce Wampserver;
WampServer is a Windows web development environment. It allows you to create web applications with Apache2, PHP and a MySQL database. Alongside, PhpMyAdmin allows you to manage easily your databases.
With wampserver, you can also install WordPress on your Local hard-disk without going to your domain hosting portal for online installation/configuration.
Other Related Programs to Wampserver :
- MAMP : This is for the Mac OS operating system
- LAMP : This is for the Linux operating system
- SAMP : This is for Solaris operating system
- WIMP : A similar package where the Apache is replaced by Internet Information Services (IIS)
- WISA : for Windows (operating system), consisting of Internet Information Services, Microsoft SQL Server, and ASP.NET
- XAMPP : A cross-platform web server solution stack package.
- Go to http://www.wampserver.com and download “5-Apache-2.4.9-Mysql-5.6.17-php5.5.12-32b” .
Now after downloading and extracting the zip files…
- Double-click on the wampserver setup icon in order to install it and remember to grant it admin permission .
- Click Next
- Accept the terms of agreement and click on Next.
- Continue to click Next.
- This is optional, you can create a quick launch or desktop icon by checking each box but if you don’t want the quick launch and desktop icon, I think there is no other choice left than leaving it blank and continue the setup process by clicking next.
- Just click the “install”
- Now extracting files therefore getting ready to start installation.
- You can click “Yes” to continue with the default browser or click “No” to select another browser.
- This is optional; you can leave it in default state or leave it blank, then Put in your email address in the email box and click Next to continue.
- Check “Launch webserver 2 now” and click Finish.
- Here comes your Wampserver phpMyAdmin Dashboard where you can create database of any kind.
Note: After Installation, it is necessary to make sure that the Wampserver icon situated at the taskbar is Green in colour if not it wont work properly, incase the one you installed is malfunctioning, uninstall and re-install it again properly.
Please feel free to share your own opinions via the comment box…